It's Friday afternoon! Woohoo! Are you excited? Do you have fab Valentine's plans? Or maybe you're just ready for the weekend. I'm definitely ready.
How about your readiness for a quick snapshot into the insanity of my brain. Are you prepared for that? Probably not, but it will all be good.
Currently, it's filled with sexy cowboys, birthday plans, plot lines, trying to remember if I got cilantro for the salsa tonight, and other such random things.
Here, let's get started. If this is your first RFF (Random Friday Five) you'll catch on quick.
1. So, tonight my in-laws and my mom and step-dad are coming over for dinner. We're celebrating the Stud's birthday. Technically his birthday isn't until next weekend, but everyone's schedules were crazy so tonight is the night. The Stud requested a Mexican fiesta.
I have the chicken for the tacos going, ingredients for fresh homemade salsa beside the food processor, and queso blanco ready to go. It's going to be super yummy. My MIL is bringing the cake, and my mama's whipping up the guac. I cannot wait.
2. Next week while the boys are out of school for winter break, the painters will be here to give the house a fresh coat before it goes on the market. The boys are going to stay at my sweet mama's so they're not underfoot or under scaffolding. The Stud and I plan to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days after the actual date. We'll be childless, so we're taking advantage. I'm hoping we might squeeze in a movie between painters and work. I definitely would not mind seeing Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool.
3. I've been working with my cover designer all week to get the perfect cover for Rodeo Summer. I cannot wait for you to read this book! It is some kind of HOT and SEXY! I feel the need to go ahead and say that Camden Ranch is an erotic series. There's a whole lot more getting down and very, very dirty in this series than in my others. Anyway, back to the cover. We haven't quite struck just the right colors, but we're almost there. I'll know it when I see it. I just hope my cover designer doesn't want to shoot me before that moment. ;)
Eek! I'm almost out of coffee, people are going to be here soon, and I don't have a bra on.
Too much info?
Sorry, but I gotta get this done.
4. Okay, so, I made Luke Camden's playlist last week to begin his yet to be titled novel. I'm about 12,000 words in and I'm already loving me some Luke. He's the oldest Camden brother and he is very, very yummy. I do not think anyone will be disappointed in the Camden boys. They definitely have it going on. You can check out the playlist on Spotify if you'd like to get an idea of what's in store for Luke.
5. Do you have any fabulous plans either for V-day or the weekend in general? Seriously, every time I see the words V-day I think the V stands for something else entirely and I laugh. #ProblemsOfEroticWriters Anyway, moving on. So, are you going out Sunday night? Staying in with your lovv-ah? Spending the evening alone reveling in doing things you love to do. I think Valentine's can be celebrated in any way that makes you feel good. If it makes you smile, I say go for it! (Assuming it's legal of course.)
All right, I'm off to put on a bra and to make salsa. Odd combo, I know, but you just got a quick glimpse into my brain. You already knew I was odd. I hope you have a wonderful, magical, love filled weekend. Have a glass of wine and read something sexy. It'll make you smile. I promise.
Me (your lovable albeit insane writer girl who needs to go whip up some salsa)