It's (finally) Friday afternoon! Yay!
Not going to lie to you - for some reason I am exhausted this afternoon. It has certainly been a long week. I'm ready for a weekend and then a fresh start.
I'm drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper, and I just finished another cup of coffee so either I will finally wake up and get this written or my hands will start to vibrate and this post will get even more insane than it normally is.
Either way let's see what happens.
As per usual, (almost) every Friday afternoon I give you a glimpse inside my incredibly random mind. You never know what I might come up with. That's part of the fun. I hope.
Anyway, here we go -
1. This week I completely forgot about half of what I was supposed to be getting done, and also drove past our new home in our neighborhood twice. Can you say distracted? It's either that or I am officially losing my mind. If that's the case, I would like to formally blame my children for said occurrence. I firmly believe the removed portions of my brain with each placenta I birthed. It's a good thing I stopped at two kids.
2. I also had a few purple streaks put in my very blonde hair. In my distracted state, I often forget I had this done until I walk past a mirror. The good part is that I really love it so it's always a happy surprise when I see them. Want to see them? Check out my IG or FB feed.
3. While researching for Grant Camden's novel Un-Hitched, (I am in love with this title! It's so perfect for their story) I stumbled upon a cattle rancher's internet forum. You better believe I was all over that. Let me tell you, the internet greatly pleases me with this contribution. It made this erotic western romance writer a very, very happy girl.
4. This week we launched the new Gifted Realm: Academy online serial. If you missed this week's chapter, click HERE to read. I really love that I get to share this (very long) story with you all for free each week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
5. In my desire never to leave my home, we decided to try out grocery delivery this week. I've never lived somewhere where that was an option before. I was torn. On one hand, someone grocery shopping for me and bringing it to my house sounds heavenly. It lets me stay home, which as I've already mentioned many times before, I love to do. On the other hand, I was skeptical that someone else would put the time and love into choosing our food that I normally do. I have issues with delegation in case you didn't pick up on that. It's a problem. But realizing you have a problem is the first step, right?
Honestly, the whole grocery thing was a mixed bag. (Mixed grocery bag? Maybe.) Most everything they delivered was great but they tacked on a charge at the end that hadn't been mentioned before. And then there was the bag of bruised and banged up apples that didn't pass muster. We'll probably do it again but maybe not for an entire week's worth of groceries.
All right, I am officially signing off for the weekend. I plan to immerse myself in all things cowboys. I have a stack of western romances ready to read and we're going to have a Pioneer Woman marathon. The boys don't know this yet, but I'm sure they'll be just as thrilled as you would assume two teenage boys would be when they find out you plan on watching Food Network all weekend. Maybe just don't mention it to them yet. We'll make it a surprise. ;)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Your distracted romance writer
What was I doing again?