It's Friday afternoon! Hooray!
Are you weekend-ready?
We have so much going on this weekend I'm going to need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Are you impressed with how many times I used the word weekend in one sentence? I'm talented like that. Also, please don't mention this to my editor.
Now, let's get to the randomness, shall we?
Let me fish around in my head and see what five things I can pull out this afternoon. It's basically my only parlor trick. Wowing and amazing you with the random shit in my head.
It can also be frightening. Maybe take a few deep breaths.
Okay here we go ...
1. I've been locked in my writing cave all week long, and I am so very, very excited about where Grant Camden's novel, Un-Hitched, is heading. It's almost (remember almost is a relative term) complete. And oh the sexy. It is yummy!
2. Like I said we're in for a super busy weekend. This is what happens when you have your children two years, two days, and two minutes apart. For any of you who understand how those due-date spinning wheel things at OBGYN offices work, I'll save you the effort. They were both born approximately nine months after my birthday. So, there we go. And moving on. Birthday weekends go on forever. Each wants to have a party with their friends and then there's the extended family and the going out to eat. We're going to have so much fun!
3. The restaurant my boys picked for their big birthday dinner is a Brazilian steakhouse. Because where else would two teenage boys want to eat other than a place that serves them copious amounts of beef on swords? Here's the thing. My most favorite steak dish is actually a black and bleu salad, which I know is probably weird. You should always expect the unexpected with me. Anyway, the place we're going has an amazing salad bar but I'm not sure you're supposed to go get the veggie portion of your salad and then come back to the table and wait on them to bring you steak for your salad. Is the even allowed? Because if it isn't it totally should be. Basically, what I'm telling you is that I'm a salad rebel without a cause. Or is the salad the cause? Who knows?
4. Over the past month I had a rather large stack of books I had to read for a contest I was judging. They were all great. I enjoyed them, but they weren't books I probably would have chosen to read had it not been for the contest. Well, I handed in my scores this week so now I can read whatever I want! You should see me. I'm like a kid in a candy-shop, or a writer in a bookstore, or a me with a Kindle. (Let's just add that last part of that sentence to the 'don't mention it to my editor' list.) Anyway, so many of my fave authors have just released books or are releasing one soon. And so many of them are on my Kindle awaiting me. I'm so excited!
5. I made a quick errand run this morning to pick up a few things for all of the festivities this weekend and while I was out I popped into T.J. Maxx. I needed some new makeup brushes and I'm morally opposed to using my children's college fund to buy makeup brushes, which I swear is how much a few of them cost. Well, T.J. did not disappoint. They had cool psychedelic foundation brushes and bamboo concealer brushes. I had far too much fun and the best part was I spent next to nothing. Mr. Maxx I love you even though your shoe section has a touch of 'Every Woman for Herself' going on and no one can actually get a cart down the divisions between your furniture, oh and someone mashed half of the strawberry candies on the clearance cart into the eyes of a few of the lawn gnomes. I have no idea who did this. I'm just letting you know.
All righty then, that does it for the randomness in my head this afternoon. Did I just hear you breathing a sigh of relief?
I didn't? Oh good.
Anyway, wish me luck with my salad acquisitions. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Have a fantastic weekend! And read something sexy for me!
No one touches this salad until I get some steak