It's Friday afternoon! Who's ready for the weekend?
I definitely am!
Once the weekend arrives that means we're even closer to the release of Last Call, the fifth novel in the Camden Ranch series!! I am so freaking excited.
Seriously, I love and adore Aaron Weber and Natalie Camden. Giving them their happily ever after delighted my very soul. But for now, let's get on with our Random Friday Five. On Tuesday, you can get your hands on First Sargent Aaron Weber. Trust me, you won't want to let him go!
1. Many of you know, Mr. Neal had surgery this week. Thank you so much to everyone who emailed and messaged me to ask how he was doing and to tell me you were thinking of us. He's doing great! He's a little tired from the procedure but other than that is recovering well. I'm so thankful!
2. Because life occasionally likes to smack you while you're down, I came down with a nasty cold this week as well. The two of us have taken up residence on the couch and recliner. Thankfully, we're healing. Also, thankfully my children are capable of preparing their own food.
3. Speaking of my children, they both have big plans this weekend. One to a football game. The other to an escape room. After caring for their ailing parents all week they're more than ready for a little fun.
4. This week while I was lounging on the couch coughing up my lungs, I was reading The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin. It's a super interesting book about why we do things the way we do them. I learned that I am a Questioner/Upholder meaning that I question most everything but generally meet both inward and outward expectations. The only bad part about learning this is that I now feel a little guilty getting irritated with Eldest for arguing all the time. He gets his 'question all things' thing from me. Sigh. The difference is that I generally keep all of my questions up in my head. He... uh... likes to share his. ;)
5. What are you having for dinner tonight? I believe we are having pizza and wings because I can procure that from my spot on the couch. Oh, which brings me to - have you ever tried Uber Eats? We haven't but they're all over Atlanta so I'm sure we will soon enough. It's an intriguing concept. You bring me whatever I want to eat from any restaurant in town for a small fee. I could get used to this!
Okay, I'm off to blow my nose again. Sorry. That was probably TMI. Forget I said that.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I hope you're getting ready to read Last Call very, very soon!!