Oh my goodness, I feel like it's been forever since I Random Friday Five-ed. I'm sorry for my absence! Does it help to know that I haven't done them because we've been so freaking busy I can barely find time to shower?
Too much information.
Okay, then. How about this? Part of the reason I haven't been blogging as much is because I'm spending all available time writing the next Camden Ranch novel. The big, huge secret novel! I'm biting my lips together to keep this a secret because it is such a good secret.
I'm starting the randomness here so I don't spill the beans.
1. Let's see here, this week was slightly more sane than last week. Last week, my husband and eldest son both had doctor's appointments, eldest also starred in his drama company production of Return to Neverland three nights in a row, and we threw a big, huge 75th birthday party for my sweet mother in law that I catered. It was so nice to see lots of family and friends there. After all of that, it was also nice to come home, curl up in a ball, and sip tea until I fell fast asleep.
2. Don't worry. Eldest and hubby are both doing fine. For those of you who've been so sweet to check on him, Mr. Neal starts his immunosuppressive treatments next week. His doctors have repeatedly assured me that he will be better than new when this is over. I still covet your prayers and good energy if you have any to spare!
3. Oh! I know something fun and random. Well, more fun that doctor's appointments anyway. We finished my office last week. I am in love! I'll try to snap some pics and throw them up on Instagram soon. It turned out even better than I imagined.
4. One worry I have about posting pics of my office is that you all will begin to understand the depths of what Youngest refers to as my OPD. What's OPD you ask. Well, I'll tell you. OPD, according to my son, is Obsessive Planner Disorder. He coined the term while standing with me in Micheal's looking at planner stickers. I might've been there for a few minutes (or thirty). He also says that I have Obsessive Office Product Disorder. This is probably true. One of the most exciting things I acquired for my new office is actually a divided pen and pencil holder with six sections. I love it! It is also full and I still have a separate cup for my dry-erase markers. Hi, I'm Jillian, and I have a slight office product addiction. I also have a purse addiction but that's another topic for another time.
5. What are you doing this weekend? We're going out with a few friends because once Mr. Neal begins his treatments we'll be quarantined for quite a while. Believe me, it's more than worth it to have him healthy! To keep him from getting sick we'll be staying home until Christmas. I plan to do lots of writing and also internet shopping. It really won't be all that different from normal. ;)
All right, my boys are home and I'm making turkey chili for supper so I need to go get started on that. I've been reading Karina Halle's new release this week, Maverick. It is hella sexy and I'm loving it! I plan to dive back into it right after we eat. I love a weekend jam packed with friends and books. There's just nothing better.