It is a beautiful Friday afternoon here, you guys! Dare I say it reminds me of the "s" word. Not that "s" word. The one involving warm weather, and clear sunny skies, and flowers. But if I say (or type) the "s" word we'll have another snow storm and, my dear readers, I cannot. I simply cannot. This Southern girl has never endured this much snow in one winter. It hurts my feelings and therefore we cannot be friends.
But this weather, I can dig. Bring on the "s" word!!
Seeing as it is Friday afternoon that means it is time for me to impart five extremely random thoughts as they come to me. Prepare yourselves. I'm caffeinated.
1. First, Last Call is on sale for just a little while longer. If you haven't picked it up for only $.99 what on earth are you waiting on? I can assure you this book will not be marked down to this price ever again! Get it now!
2. In other news, I have been doing a supreme amount of research on my next novel, H.A.L.O Undone. This book will launch my new military romance series Broken H.A.L.O's. And I love it so, so much!! Oh my goodness. These characters, they just have my heart. All of them are/were introduced in Last Call (the book that is on sale hint, hint) and all of them will have their own book. I do really love doing character development and research for a new series and I am loving all of this. My baby brother, who in real life is a First Sergeant in the Marine Corp, has endured my endless phone calls and questions. Today, I received his coveted seal of approval on the plot. It came with a, "Wow. That's like... wow. That's really good. I love all the twists and turns. I mean like that's really good." Basically, he just made my entire month. And I mean, obviously, I now have military approval on this book. Right?
3. And, as is often the case, I'm thinking about food. My thighs sincerely wish I would think about something else but that's a story for another time. Last night I made a big pot of my chili and cornbread. Tonight, I'm going to turn the chili into Frito pie. My boys love it and it fills them up which is quite a feat when you have two teenage sons and your husband is 6'4" and still on steroids to treat an autoimmune thing he was diagnosed with and treated for last year. What I'm saying is, it's a good thing I love to cook because they love to eat.
4. Remember, these are all of the random thoughts that go through my brain. So, have you listened to the HALO Undone playlist on Spotify. I really love it. Once this week, I momentarily forgot I was supposed to be writing and had a mini-concert at my desk. A can of Dr. Pepper may or may not have been used as a microphone. It's really best I don't work in some kind of office environment. My poor coworkers. Can you imagine?
5. It looks like my pumpkins (read: my sons) are home from school so I'm going to wrap this up. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you read Last Call if you haven't yet! If you have picked up a copy, thank you ever so much!!
I'll see you back here next week. Same bat time. Same bat channel. Sorry, had a momentary Batman lapse back into my childhood. I'll try to keep those at bay!